More Newcastle news
2017-11-18 08:42:27
viewed 276 times | comments
2017-11-17 09:17:18
viewed 274 times | comments
2017-11-14 10:07:24
viewed 671 times | comments
2017-11-13 09:00:08
viewed 884 times | comments
Football Rumours on Monday 4th September 2017
2017-09-04 11:12:17


  • Playmaker Lionel Messi, 30, is said to be considering his future at Barcelona following the departure of Neymar, 25, and the club's failure to sign the likes of Philippe Coutinho, 25, and Angel Di Maria, 29.
    (Daily Express)


  • Tottenham's 28-year-old Belgium international defender Toby Alderweireld, whose current contract runs until 2020, has urged the club to hand him an improved deal, insisting a host of other clubs are keen to sign him.
    (Sun)


  • Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez has broken his silence after the collapse of his deadline day move to Manchester City. The 28-year-old forward wrote on Instagram: "You will realise that what today seems like a sacrifice, will end up being the greatest achievement of your life." (Manchester Evening News) Manchester United could revive their interest in Antoine Griezmann, 26, as his release clause at Atletico Madrid is to be halved from its previous figure of £184m (€200m) when the Spanish club's transfer embargo ends in January.
    (Daily Express)


  • Everton's England international midfielder Ross Barkley, 23, will sign for Tottenham in the January transfer window.
    (Daily Star)


  • Serie A champions Juventus are lining up a January move for Liverpool midfielder Emre Can, 23.
    (Independent)


  • Arsene Wenger has said he will revisit his interest in Monaco forward Thomas Lemar, after confirming Arsenal submitted a late £92m bid for the 21-year-old France international before last month's deadline.
    (Guardian)


  • Former Manchester United and City forward Carlos Tevez, 33, says it is "very difficult to return" to his first club Boca Juniors in Argentina as his contract at Shanghai Shenhua is "very complex".
    (Guardian)


  • Tottenham's defensive midfielder Eric Dier, 23, insists he had no intention of asking for a transfer request amid summer interest from Manchester United.
    (Manchester Evening News)




  • MANAGEMENT STUFF

  • Arsene Wenger has admitted he considered quitting Arsenal before signing a two-year contract this summer - but now insists the Gunners can still win the title this season.
    (Daily Mirror)


  • Crystal Palace boss Frank de Boer is prepared to change his favoured 3-4-3 formation but could still be sacked before next weekend's match with Burnley after three successive defeats and no goals to open his Premier League campaign.
    (Independent)


  • Roman Abramovich is demanding answers from Chelsea transfer chiefs about nightmare window.
    (Daily Star)


  • Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says he has no worries about Philippe Coutinho, 25, returning to the side after submitting an unsuccessful transfer request.
    (Guardian)




  • OTHER STORIES

  • Chelsea star Diego Costa is set for a Stamford Bridge return, with possible peace talks in the offing.
    (Daily Star)


  • Wayne Rooney insists there will be no reversal of his decision to retire from international football but is taking his coaching badges and would one day like to manage England.
    (Talksport)


  • Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright described 28-year-old midfielder Mesut Ozil's call for less criticism and more support as "laughable".
    (606, on BBC Radio 5 live)


  • West Ham are launching legal action against the Sporting Lisbon director who called co-chairman David Sullivan a "liar" and a "parasite".
    (Daily Telegraph)


  • Chinese spending power in European football is set to be reined in as the country's government takes action to prevent money leaving the mainland and the Midlands could be particularly affected, with Aston Villa, Birmingham, West Bromwich Albion and Wolves all under Chinese ownership.
    (Birmingham Mail)




























  •  BBC Sport/SkySports
    Comments