More Newcastle news
2019-01-20 08:38:54
viewed 243 times | comments
2019-01-19 08:52:04
viewed 493 times | comments
2019-01-18 08:50:57
viewed 509 times | comments
2019-01-17 10:29:57
viewed 660 times | comments
Football Rumours on Saturday 15th December 2018
2018-12-15 09:41:12



TRANSFER RUMOURS

  • Fulham want to sign centre-back Gary Cahill, 32, from rivals Chelsea in January.
    (Sky Sports)


  • Arsenal have been offered Denis Suarez, 24, as a replacement for Aaron Ramsey as the Spain midfielder seeks to leave Barcelona for more playing time. Ramsey is set to leave the Gunners when his contract expires in the summer.
    (Independent)


  • Belgium defender Jan Vertonghen, 31, wants to extend his Tottenham beyond 2020, with his current deal set to expire at the end of the season.
    (London Evening Standard)


  • Manchester City whizkid Rabbi Matondo is a shock £10m target for Bundesliga clubs.
    (Sun)


  • Bournemouth and West Ham will make January bids for Chelsea and England midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek, 22, with both clubs hoping for a loan deal before a permanent move at the end of the season.
    (Sun)


  • Chelsea are confident of signing England striker Callum Wilson for £30m from Bournemouth in January.
    (Daily Express)


  • But Cherries boss Eddie Howe believes the club can retain Wilson, 26.
    (Goal)


  • Manchester United could land Alex Sandro in a part-exchange deal with Juventus for Paul Pogba.
    (Daily Express)


  • Manchester United captain Antonio Valencia, 33, is open to leaving in January, having accepted he will not win back the trust of manager Jose Mourinho.
    (Daily Mail)


  • Cesc Fabregas says he is not happy with his back-up role at Chelsea, with AC Milan keen on the 31-year-old midfielder, who is out of contract at the end of the season.
    (Daily Mirror)


  • Real Madrid midfielder Marcos Llorente, 23, will request a transfer in January if he is still not playing regularly.
    (ESPN)


  • Chelsea are desperately seeking homegrown talent amid fears they will struggle to comply with quota rules next season.
    (Daily Mail)


  • River Plate and Argentina midfielder Exequiel Palacios, 20, says he is happy to stay with the Copa Libertadores champions despite interest from Real Madrid.
    (Marca)


  • Juventus will beat Barcelona to the signing of 19-year-old Ajax and Netherlands centre-back Matthijs de Ligt in the summer.
    (Sport)


  • Inter Milan want to sign Real Madrid and Croatia midfielder Luka Modric, 33, and bring in former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte to replace Luciano Spalletti.
    (Corriere dello Sport)



MANAGEMENT STUFF

  • Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has told fans not to expect any signings for a second consecutive transfer window.
    (Independent)


  • Pochettino does not want to loan out defender Kyle Walker-Peters, who signed a contract extension with the club last week, with the 21-year-old regarded as one of his "best options".
    (ESPN)


  • Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson says the club have not made moves for free agent midfielder Yaya Toure, 35, or Bournemouth striker Jermain Defoe, 36.
    (Sky Sports)


  • Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez has won Manager of the Month for November.
    (Sky Sports)


  • Everton boss Marco Silva insists centre-back Phil Jagielka, 36, will not be leaving the club in January.
    (Daily Mirror)


  • Silva also says England Under-21 midfielder Tom Davies, 20, will not leave the Toffees on loan.
    (Guardian)


  • Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone has no plans to sell injured striker Diego Costa, 30, despite interest from Chinese side Tianjin Quanjian.
    (Goal)


  • Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says the club will not make any signings in January despite several recent injuries.
    (Manchester Evening News)


  • Aston Villa boss Dean Smith is interested in signing 21-year-old defender Rico Henry from his former club Brentford.
    (Birmingham Mail)


  • Peter Kenyon's consortium is close to agreeing the purchase of Newcastle from Mike Ashley.
    (Daily Star)


  • Inter Milan want Antonio Conte to take over as their new manager and will make Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric their highest priority transfer target.
    (Daily Mirror)




INTERNATIONAL STUFF

  • Gareth Southgate is taking an increasingly close interest in the tactics and playing style of Julian Nagelsmann, the Hoffenheim coach.
    (Times)




OTHER STUFF

  • Arsenal are in talks over a potentially lucrative pre-season tour of the United States next summer.
    (Daily Mail)


  • UEFA opens proceedings against Arsenal over incidents in Qarabag game.
    (Sky Sports)


  • Tottenham's Heung-Min Son has won November's Premier League goal of the month for his superb individual strike against Chelsea.
    (Sky Sports)


  • Newcastle players have cancelled their Christmas party for the second year running.
    (Guardian)


  • Barcelona have banned Ousmane Dembele, 21, from turning off his phone after he turned up two hours late for training on Sunday.
    (Marca)


  • Meanwhile, Dembele has been fined 20,725 euros (£18,618) for failing to reply to a civil suit brought by his former landlord because the France forward never returned to his house in Germany after leaving Borussia Dortmund for Barcelona.
    (ESPN)


  • Manchester United flop Bebe says being told he was free to leave the club was the 'best moment of his life'.
    (Sun)


  • Wolves defender Ryan Bennett is set to commit his future to the club by signing a new deal.
    (Daily Mail)


  • Chelsea could face a partial stadium closure should UEFA decide to take action following the alleged racist chanting in Hungary on Thursday night.
    (Sky Sports)


  • AC Milan have been fined £10.7m and threatened with a season-long ban from European competition by UEFA for breaching Financial Fair Play rules.
    (Sky Sports)
 BBCSport/SkySports
Comments