More Newcastle news
2020-11-30 09:06:41
viewed 449 times | comments
2020-11-29 09:11:49
viewed 571 times | comments
2020-11-27 08:56:53
viewed 856 times | comments
2020-11-26 08:56:59
viewed 952 times | comments
Football Rumours on Friday 23rd October 2020
2020-10-23 08:55:05





TRANSFER RUMOURS

  • Arsenal's out-of-favour ex-Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil could move to the MLS in the United States, with DC United interested in the 32-year-old.
    (Sun)


  • Arsenal are considering a potential deal to re-sign Donyell Malen, 21, from PSV Eindhoven, three years after they sold the Netherlands striker from their youth ranks for £540,000.
    (Soccernews)


  • Arsenal have given a trial to the son of their former Netherlands forward Dennis Bergkamp. Mitchel Bergkamp, 22, has spent the week training at London Colney with Steve Bould's under-23 side.
    (Goal)


  • Tottenham pushed down the price of Wales defender Joe Rodon, 23, by £5m after refusing to meet Swansea's asking price on EFL deadline day.
    (Football Insider)


  • Liverpool could turn their attentions to Schalke's Turkey international defender Ozan Kabak, 20, as the search to find a replacement for the injured Netherlands centre-back Virgil van Dijk, 29, continues.
    (Sport Witness)


  • Everton's unsettled Bosnia midfielder Muhamed Besic, 28, will not push for a move to Portugal - the last major European league with an open transfer window - and will wait until January to decide his next club.
    (Liverpool Echo)


  • Newcastle have offered French triallist striker Florent Indalecio, 23, a contract until the end of the season.
    (Newcastle Chronicle)


  • Werder Bremen chief Clemens Fritz insists 20-year-old Dutch winger Tahith Chong, who is on loan at the German club from Manchester United, will get plenty of first-team football after making only one start so far this season.
    (Deichstube)



MANAGEMENT STUFF

  • Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is hopeful he can "seduce" Spain defender Eric Garcia, 19, into extending his contract.
    (Independent)


  • Former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino and current Real Madrid reserve team boss Raul are contenders to take over at the Spanish giants if they decide to sack Zinedine Zidane.
    (AS)



INTERNATIONAL STUFF

  • Manchester United defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka wants to regain a place in the England squad and will resist switching countries to represent DR Congo.
    (Daily Telegraph)



OTHER STUFF

  • Argentina keeper Sergio Romero, 33, found out via social media he had been left out of Manchester United's Premier League squad and wants to speak to the club about his treatment.
    (Daily Star)


  • Barcelona defender Gerard Pique, 33, agreed to lower his pay by 50% for the rest of this season, because of the financial impact of the coronavirus crisis.
    (Sport)


  • Spain defender Sergio Reguilon, 23, says former Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho was a key factor in his move to Tottenham.
    (Sky Sports)


  • Former Scotland midfielder Darren Fletcher, 36, is back at Manchester United in a temporary coaching role to help his development.
    (Manchester Evening News)


  • Aston Villa's Scotland midfielder John McGinn, 26, says he is feeling back to full fitness after a difficult opening season in the Premier League.
    (Birmingham Mail)


  • Fans will be able to watch West Ham's match against Manchester City this weekend in a cinema just a stone's throw from where the game will be taking place in an empty stadium.
    (Times)


  • Football's lawmakers have agreed to January trials for concussion substitutes before their potential introduction from the start of next season.
    (Daily Mirror)


  • The controversial decision not to red card Jordan Pickford during last week's Merseyside derby is to be scrutinised at the next referees' half-term summit.
    (Daily Mail)
 BBC Sport/SkySports
Comments